21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Although 21st century skills may sound like knowing how to download pod-casts, search Google, or find free apps on your I-Phone, business leaders and educators know the skills people in the post-industrial economy will need in order to thrive and be successful. Do you have what it takes to thrive in the 21st century?
* Collaboration- Do You?
- take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work
- accept shared responsibility for group work
- apply or encourage strategies for discussion and decision-making
- identify and prioritize goals and tasks
- respect ideas, opinions, values, and feelings of group members
- work well with diverse group members
* Critical Thinking and Problem Solving- Do You?
- recognize and define problems accurately
- gather information from a variety of sources and evaluate the information
- organize, analyze, and synthesize information to develop well-reasoned conclusions and solutions
- consider alternatives; recognize implications and practical consequences
* Presentation/Communication- Do You?
- use effective oral presentation skills
- create media/visual aids that enhance content delivery
- gauge audience reaction and adjust presentation
- respond to questions appropriately
Do you have what it takes to thrive in the 21st century?