Game week is all about visiting other blogs.Student and class blogs – new bloggers and old hands at the blogging – mentors as well as participants, remember -one of the main aims of blogging includes commenting and carrying on conversations with the author of posts and their other readers. A good commenter will have read the post carefully, checked out the links in the post and have read the previous comments before they leave one of their own. Good commenters add to the conversation with a quality comment.
GAME 1- allows you to connect globally.
This game is titled- ‘Count Out Three’.
Here are the instructions:
- click on a blog on the student list – count one
- now click on a blog from their blogroll – count two
- finally click on a blog from that blogroll – count three
2. Do this activity at least three times
3. Write your own post saying which blogs you visited and which posts you left a comment on.
-Why did you choose that post?
- Remember to include a link back to the post you left a comment on so that student gets a pingback.
We have many mentors helping you with your blogging. Most of them are busy teachers with their own class blog or else they are students who have taken part in many prior challenges. I have asked some mentors to write a post highlighting what they consider interesting posts for students to read. Here are the instructions for this game:
- Choose at least two of these mentor posts to visit.
- Read their post and visit the links they include.
- Answer the question left on their post by leaving them a quality comment. This should show you have visited the posts they link to.
- Now write your own post including three posts you have found interesting while taking part in this March blog challenge. Could include posts you have written or ones you have read while visiting other students.
While checking out these blogs look at the layout of the sidebars as well as the layout of the posts. Compare to yours. This might help with the evaluation week activities next week.
If using Kidblog or blogger, leave a comment on this game week post with a link to the post you have written.
More time left: Continue on with your favorite things post especially if you want to be included in the list of thirty who have included the images, tags/category and using another tool.
Still more time left: Miss W is travelling around the southern states of USA during June before going to a conference in San Antonio. Recommend 10 places she should visit as she is interested in history and nature.